[python-uk] Next CamPUG meeting: Tue 6 Jun 2017

Tibs tibs at tibsnjoan.co.uk
Tue May 30 10:45:03 EDT 2017

The next Cambridge Python User Group meeting will be Tuesday 6th June 2017.

The meeting is at 7pm, ending around 9:30pm. The venue, as normal, is the Raspberry Pi offices at 30 Station Road, CB1 2JH, Cambridge.

A hands on introduction to Bluetooth

After an introduction to Bluetooth, Barry Byford will lead a practical programming session based on BlueZ (which is the official Bluetooth protocol stack on Linux). BlueZ has an API (using the DBus software bus) for Python which provides the context for our hands on challenge.

Barry has created a mock of DBus's GetManagedObjects() so tests can be run on any operating system without real Bluetooth hardware.
The mock GetManagedObjects() method returns all the information the system knows about Bluetooth devices within range.

The challenge will be to extract certain key information from the returned nested dictionaries.

As this is a hands on session you should bring a laptop with Python 3 on it if you can. If you can't, we will pair you up with someone that does.

Subsequent meetings will be:

	• 4th July:Exploring Python ByteCode
	• 1st August:Kubernetes with Python

Remember that we are now on meetup.com, at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/. If possible, please RSVP there for meetings so we have an idea of numbers. As an incentive, there's normally more detail about each meeting there, and you can also find out about future meetings.

Tweeting may occur at https://twitter.com/campython

Tibs