[python-uk] Python role - South East England

Michael sparks.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:26:17 EDT 2017

I never understand why people get angry at jobs being posted to this list.

After all the footer to the list has as always https://mail.python.org/
mailman/listinfo/python-uk

And on that subscription page it says:

*This list is to help UK Python users to form a community, arrange events,
advertise help or jobs wanted or sought and generally chat.*

It is a bit of shame that the biggest form of usage is jobs mails though.

(I don't have any solutions here, just expressing the usual mild surprise
that anyone gets angry at the list being used for it's intended purpose.
But then if we go there, we'll end up talking about reply-to policies, vi,
vim, emacs, joe, tabs vs spaces, 8 space tabs vs 4 space, and other silly
things, so I'll just godwinise it by comparing my "It'z In ze rulez" post
to being something far more extreme... and close this down before it starts
:-D )

Michael.