[python-uk] Setting up Django on Google Cloud (basic server)

Samuel Muiruri muiruri.samuel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 09:52:02 EST 2018

I had this issue before with AWS i remember it was just as stressful then
and actually can't remember what actually fixed it. I basically have a
clean Ubuntu VM which I followed this guide
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-django-with-postgres-nginx-and-gunicorn-on-ubuntu-16-04
step by step on creating and hosting django on a site.

Every step worked smoothly until this point when I need to run the command
"python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000" which starts the service (shown
on the attached screenshot) (also is the google cloud page showing the
given external ip) according to this with the server waiting visiting
http://35.227.49.155:8000/ should bring the site or something but it fails
to connect i get "
This site can’t be reached
" message.

For now I'm taking a break hoping I'll come up with something, also hope
someone here who might have gone through the same or is a seasoned web dev
might also help too.

--

Best Regards,

Samuel Muiruri.