[python-uk] www.python.org sprint

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Sun May 27 12:59:51 EDT 2018

Hi Marc,

I just put my name on the waiting list as I'll be arriving in London the
day before. I really want to support this, since it's desperately needed.
On the other hand, I wouldn't claim to be an expert in Django, and the last
time I tried to install python.org I didn't actually have the time to spend
to get it working. :-/ So I'll understand if you prefer to give the spot to
someone more useful. :-)

In any case, thanks for running this!

Cheers,
Naomi

On Sun, 27 May 2018 at 07:50, Marc Garcia <garcia.marc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> In one week, on the 4th of June in London we will host a sprint to migrate
> the www.python.org website to Python 3.7 (yes 3.7 as in Python 3, not a
> typo) and to Django 2.0.
>
> It'll be an amazing evening of coding, pizza and beer. And diversity, we
> give priority to the event to everybody identifying themselves as part of
> an underrepresented minority.
>
> More info:
> https://python-sprints.github.io/london/2018/06/04/python.org.html
>
> Have a great rest of the long weekend!