[python-uk] PSF Python Developer Survey 2018

Tom Wright tom at tatw.name
Wed Oct 10 12:57:25 EDT 2018

> all of the responses on this list and even some to my personal email were
of a critical nature (concerning grammar, the sorts of questions and even
the point of such surveys).

Unrequested advice is the best form of advice...

I note that the survey helpfully provides a free-text field at the end for
comment, criticism and questions. If one wishes to influence how these
sorts of surveys are carried out (and correct grammar) I imagine this is
the most productive place to provide feedback (short of going to a
conferences and having a mutually enjoyable conversation with the people in
charge of the surveys over dinner). Of course, this does require one to
actually read and complete the survey; alas, influence comes at a price.

Perhaps telling people about this part of the survey might forestall
on-list criticism. Perhaps those providing on-list criticism should be
aware of this. Perhaps they already know about this and feel on-list
criticism is the best approach. Perhaps I would like a coffee

Tom