[python-uk] First anniversary of London Python Sprints

Marc Garcia garcia.marc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:03:54 EDT 2018

Next week we're celebrating the first anniversary of the London Python
Sprints group. In this year we organised more than 20 sprints, where we
worked on different topics, from the pandas documentation, to migrating the
python.org website to Django 2 and Python 3.7.

In this case, we'll have Andreas Mueller, scikit-learn developer and
release manager, and author of the book "Introduction to Machine Learning
with Python". Visiting us from NYC. We'll also have maintainers of other
projects like CPython, Grumpy, Mu or pandas. The sprint is next Tuesday
(unfortunately conflicting with PyCon UK). This is the link:

https://python-sprints.github.io/london/2018/09/18/first-anniversary.html

If you're a maintainer or regular contributor to a package, and you want to
join this sprint (or a future one), and help people get started in your
project, please let me know. Also, if we have a waiting list, but you're a
member of an underrepresented minority in IT, or a supporting member of the
PSF or NumFOCUS, let us know and we'll get you in.