[python-uk] Python 2.7 code: a spring-clean

Richard Barran richard at arbee-design.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 16:12:38 EST 2019

Hi all,

With the end-of-life of Python 2 upon us, I wondered about cleaning up code that has (had!) to support both Python 2 and Python 3. Some of it is easy (e.g. look for any references to the ‘six’ library), some of it is relatively easy (e.g. super(Foobar, self) ) and… actually, there could be quite a few things to tidy up.

I’m wondering if there is a script out there to quickly introspect a codebase and flag up any legacy code? I’ve tried googling but drew up a blank. Any suggestions welcome!

Richard