[python-uk] [JOBS] Python, Django, PostgreSQL in FinTech

J. Pablo Fernández pupeno at pupeno.com
Thu Jan 31 03:50:29 EST 2019

Hello,

I’m Pablo, CTO at Eligible <https://eligible.ai>and we are looking to hire
developers <https://eligible.ai/hiring/>. We don’t care about which set of
technologies you know, you can learn what we use on the job, what we care
about is your ability to learn quickly because next year, we are probably
all going to be learning something new.

The backend is built using *Python*, *Django*, *PostgreSQL*, *RabbitMQ
*(through
*Celery*) and we host it in *Heroku *(so, no server maintenance nightmare).
We have *Heroku pipelines* that automatically execute the tests in *Heroku’s
own C*I and then deploy to staging. A thing of beauty. The frontend using
JavaScript, ES9, React and it’s all nice and clean still using a
non-ejected create-react-app. We are even doing the layout using CSS Grid
(they are awesome! aren’t they?). On top of that we get automatic reports
on code quality from *Code Climate*, monitoring with *New Relic* and error
reporting with *Sentry *(for both backend and frontend). We strongly care
about a good tech working environment where each developer is a productive
as possible and is not dealing with artificial limitations.

We have a great full time designer so all our screens are beautifully
crafted and we get high quality assets, images, etc to build on top of. You
don’t have to tinker with Photoshop or anything, you can just ask whenever
you need a graphic asset.

We are building a tool to help mortgage brokers approach and retain
customers whose mortgage is up for renewal. We send emails, track clicks,
opens, etc (hopefully we’ll apply machine learning there at some point).
There are lots of interesting complexities in building an application that
looks simple but achieves a lot under the hood. Thankfully, we have a lot
of domain experts working every day at the office, so, you don’t have to
guess what the customer wants, you don’t have to build something you know
it’s going to fail. You can talk to our own experts, they can retrieve
information from our customers. We are not building a spec, we are building
a solution.

We are located on Canary Wharf, on the Lever 39 coworker space (in a
private office, and yes, the view is amazing from up here). Right now you’d
be the first developer after me as we are just starting to build the tech
team. Since we’d be working together, I think it’s fair for you to know who
I am: I worked for Google and for the past 9 or 10 years I’ve been
co-founding or joining startups always in charge of technology (CTO or
similar).

If this sounds interesting, drop me a message and we'll take it from there.
The position is on-site in London. In case it wasn't obvious, you'd be
talking directly to me, the CTO, not a recruiter not an agency, but the guy
who is actually writing all of the code these days.

Thanks.
--
J. Pablo Fernández <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)