[python-uk] Open PhD studentship: Workflows for reproducible computational science and data science

Fangohr H. H.FANGOHR at soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 04:10:16 EST 2019

Dear all,

Disclaimer: the funded position advertised below are to work in my team on data analysis at European XFEL (hosting the world’s brightest laser in a 3.4km long tunnel) in Germany (by Hamburg).

Quick summary:

Requirements
• Degree in Physics, Computer Science or a related field
• Programming experience (any language)
• English is the working language, hence good communication skills in English are necessary
• ideally experience with at least some libraries and tools from the scientific computing Python ecosystem such as Jupyter, IPython, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas, ploty, bokeh, xarray

Desirables
• experience with data science, computational science, data analysis, data-heavy experimental science would be welcome

More details at https://fangohr.github.io/vacancies/dashh-reproducible-workflows.html

The work language is English, and people stick to it.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with me.

Application deadline is 1 December 2019, likely start date is ~May 2020

Best wishes,

Hans

Prof Hans Fangohr
Senior Data Analysis Scientist
European XFEL GmbH Holzkoppel 4
22869 Schenefeld
Germany

Phone:+49 (0)40 8998-6702
Fax: +49 (0)40 8998-1905
Email: hans.fangohr at xfel.eu<mailto:hans.fangohr at xfel.eu>
web: http://fangohr.github.io
blog: http://fangohr.github.io/blog
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProfCompMod

Managing Director: Prof. Dr. Robert Feidenhans’l, Dr. Nicole Elleuche

Registered as European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Facility GmbH at Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 111165

Professor of Computational Modelling
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom