[python-win32] assigning vb properties from python via COM?

Jorgensen, Jens jens.jorgensen@tallan.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:45:15 -0500

Am I mistaken Mark that VB selects some "default" property if you assign to something that's an object without using the 'Set' keyword? Perhaps for his control form.CellText(index, col, "hello") is actually returning an IDispatch. How can you tell which is this "default" attribute? Can this fact only be had from the type library?

Oh, btw Mark you probably don't recognize my name but I was hanging out with you and some others at the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference earlier this year on that night where all the groups were gathered according to category--you guys were I guess the 3rd party languages table. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm still an adamant and avid Python evangelist. We're using it on the project we're doing right now for ubid.com. Unfortunately we're only using it for testing. Still though it's an amazing tool and you've done a fantastic job with the windows integration. Thanks!