[python-win32] Vb GUI from python

Paul Baker baked@attglobal.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:08:58 -0700

At 12:54 4/23/2001 -0800, Peteris_Martinsons@swh-t.lv wrote:

>I don't know the details, because I don't know much about COM. Simply - if
>there is a wrapper for Tk, the same could be possible for Vb. The result -
>developing GUI in VB without purchasing it from M$ :)
>Maybe make interface similar to Tk.
>Theoretically, if it is possible to use ADO and DAO in Python, why not VB
>GUI?
>
>Any opinions?
>
>Maybe someone can take this idea and implement. It can cause BOOM of using
>Python on win32.

Isn't this all described in the book by Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson,
"Python Programming on Win32" from O'Reilley & Assoc.?  Specifically,
Chapter 7, titled "Building a GUI with COM".  Since Python is COM
compatible you could use all of MS's COM based ui tools to build your user
interface.  Just look as the MSDN and substitute Python for VBScript.

Paul