[python-win32] New python user - first question

Jim Abrams Jim Abrams <jabrams@publishingresources.com>
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:08:45 -0400

No poking fun here, one time I spent 2 days trying to uncover very
strange bugs in my test.py module.

Then someone let me onto the hint that python has a built in module named test.
As soon as I renamed my module to something else all worked fine.

--
Jim Abrams

RA> I'm new to Python. Been running with it for a whopping 4 days. I come from a
RA> background using VBScript and Java and have found Python to potentially
RA> solve some problems I've encountered.

RA> Just trying to get a basic web page up through IIS and am having a what I am
RA> sure to be a newbie issue, but it's the one thing I can't seem to fix. I
RA> have a page on a web site called "test.py". test.py looks like this

RA> def foo(a):
RA>     return a

RA> Then, the asp page looks like this

RA> <%@ LANGUAGE = Python %>