[python-win32] rts - services

Carlos Alvarez cgaston@moonqzie.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:03:09 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C12EF8.9F0B0070

Hi there,

    I am avaluating using Python for a commertial aplication. I really =
dont know Python but it seems to be the right language for what we want =
to do.
    I am facing a big problem. We want to do a program that should stay =
recident on win32 machines (95,98,me,nt). I should not show any dos =
window (or so). I should neither have to ask the user to install Python =
on their machine (but installing python dlls is aceptable). We dont know =
how to do it in Python. It should work as a service but i think it =
should be not a service because it should be able to be started by =
another program and it should run at win 95 etc.
    Any help will be apreciated. We are new to Python and despite we =
have found 'compilers' and installers we havent seen any place where it =
says that what we want to do can be done in Python.
   What about using Python as an embbed language?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Alvarez

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C12EF8.9F0B0070

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi there,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am avaluating =
using Python for=20
a commertial aplication. I really dont know Python but it seems to be =
the right=20
language for what we want to do.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am facing a big =
problem. We=20
want to do a program that should stay recident on win32 machines =
(95,98,me,nt).=20
I should not show any dos window (or so). I should neither have to ask =
the user=20
to install Python on their machine (but installing python dlls is =
aceptable). We=20
dont know how to do it in Python. It should work as a service but i =
think it=20
should be not a service because it should be able to be started by =
another=20
program and it should run at win 95 etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any help will be =
apreciated. We=20
are new to Python and despite we have found 'compilers' and installers =
we havent=20
seen any place where it says that what we want to do can be done in=20
Python.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; What about using Python as =
an embbed=20
language?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Carlos =
Alvarez</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C12EF8.9F0B0070--