[python-win32] Where are the Lsa* functions?

Itamar S.-T. itamarst@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Jorgensen, Jens" <jens.jorgensen@tallan.com>

> I understand the instructions are for mingw32.
> Nevertheless I did this with cygwin and it did work.

I'm not implying it won't work, but there are some
differeneces people should be aware of (e.g. stuff you
compile with cygwin must apparently be GPL compatible,
it can't run without cygwin dll, whereas mingw32 uses
Microsoft's MSCVRT dll). For more details see:
http://www.mingw.org/x86-win32-ports.shtml

However it seems it's possible to compile mingw
executables using cygwin, which might in fact be what
you did:
http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mno-cygwin-howto.txt

Could you perhaps turn the previous email into a howto
on compiling win32 extensions with mingw? The one you
mentioned is rather complex and 1.5.2 specific.

=====
Itamar Shtull-Trauring, itamar(at)shtull-trauring.org