[python-win32] unexpected exception during garbage collection

Moray B. Grieve mbg@apama.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:33:53 +0100

I have a python script which runs under a windows scheduler. The script =
performs a series of putty commands onto remote hosts using the =
win32process module, waits for the commands to execute and then e-mails =
a summary of the outcome using the SMTP module. When I test either the =
process creation/running or emailing in isolation they are fine (and =
both follow text book examples). When I run them together I always get =
an abnormal program termination, with the following message. Does anyone =
know what may be causing this, or seen anything similar?

"Exception pywintypes.api_error: (6, 'CloseHandle', 'The handle is =
invalid.') in 'garbage collection' ignored
Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection

Abnormal program termination"

With many thanks for any feedback,

Moray Grieve