[python-win32] Object access in ASP

Brian Brown brian@assess.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:35:08 -0700

Please help me understand some things about the environment if you can :)

>From what I understand, the ActiveX Scripting Engine caches the python
interpreter; if so, then objects should stay around between page accesses,
right? If so, is there any way to get access to instantiated objects? You
can't store them in Session variables, so I don't know how else you would do
it... I believe that I would also have to handle concurrent accesses to my
objects... but that is another issue ;)

Any thoughts? If I can access instantiated object between page accesses, then
performance could be dramatically increased (not that its bad) and Session
vars could probably be eliminated from an ASP perspective.

thanks!

Brian