[python-win32] Re: Getting the current user's email address

Don Dwiggins dond@advancedmp.com
12 Dec 2002 16:48:57 -0800

Mark Hammond writes:
>> So, aside from GetUserNameEx, do you know any good way to get the
>> full name
>> of the current user?  Or another way to get the FQDN?

> You could try the win32net.NetUserGetInfo() function.

Thanks, that worked.  It took a while, though, because I was first trying to
get domain user info from the Exchange server.  Turns out you have to use
the domain controller name as the first argument (is that obvious?).
--

Don Dwiggins			            "When you're losing the game,
d.l.dwiggins@computer.org         change the rules."