[python-win32] Re: Tkinter question

Andres Rosado arosado@softhome.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:05:11 -0400

On 12:00 PM 12/21/2002 -0500, the keyboard of
python-win32-request@python.org emitted:
>I'm working with a Tkinter GUI in Windows.
>
>I would like to bind an event to the "X" window button (that one in the
>upper-right corner of a window that closes it). I want it to be able to
>do a couple other things before closing the window.
>
>How do I overrride that button?  Specifically, what is its default name
>so that I can bind to it?

Overwrite the quit() method. And remember to call Frame.quit() at the end. :)

--
Andres Rosado
Email: andresr@despammed.com

You said it once yourself. Once you said that a dream is an answer
to a question we haven't learned how to ask yet. You do good work
Mulder.
                 -- Scully, "The X-Files: Paper Hearts"