[python-win32] Win32 Com extensions, universal gateways

Brian B brianb1185@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:12:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

how do I run test_PyCOMTest?

I get an error when running the server to register it:

============================
D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\universal.py:15:
UserWarning: win32com.un
iversal is a very new module - it probably has bugs,
and the interface may chang
e in the future.  Use at your own risk!
  warnings.warn(msg)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\servers\test_pycomtest.py",
line
13, in ?

universal.RegisterInterfaces('{6BCDCB60-5605-11D0-AE5F-CADD4C000000}',
0, 1,
 1, ["IPyCOMTest"])
  File
"D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\universal.py",
line 29, in Regist
erInterfaces
    tlb = pythoncom.LoadRegTypeLib(typelibGUID, major,
minor, lcid)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147319779, 'Library not
registered.', None, None)
============================

Then when running the test program, I get an error,
but perhaps not what I would expect, ie:

The PyCOMTest module can not be located or generated.
**** PyCOMTest is not installed ***
  PyCOMTest is a Python test specific COM client and
server.
  It is likely this server is not installed on this
machine
  To install the server, you must get the win32com
sources
  and build it using MS Visual C++
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\test\testPyComTest.py",
line 23,
in ?
    raise RuntimeError, importMsg
RuntimeError: **** PyCOMTest is not installed ***
  PyCOMTest is a Python test specific COM client and
server.
  It is likely this server is not installed on this
machine
  To install the server, you must get the win32com
sources
  and build it using MS Visual C++

Do I have to run makepy on something to register the
test server typelib, if so what?

best regards,

Brian.