[python-win32] HELP with py2exe

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:48:02 -0800

>  "Robert Garber" <garber@centralcatholic.org> wrote:
>
> Stuck on py2exe.  I seem to be having a problem getting this to work. I have followed thte steps that are on the web page, but with no luck.
>
> I am wondering if I have things in the right directory (WIN98). ANy ideas out there?
>
> The dos's say:
> run python setup.py py2exe
>
> Which run are they talking about I have tried run from winpython, MSDOS, at the >>> in the interprter, with no luck..

You do not actually type the word run.  This should be done from the MSDOS prompt.  You'll first want to cd to the directory that your package
is in, like so:

C:\>  cd \python21\MyPackage
C:\Python21\MyPackage>

(The C:\> and the second line are the DOS prompt.)  Then, you run python with the specified parameters, like so:

C:\Python21\MyPackage>  python setup.py py2exe

Hope this helps...

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International