[python-win32] Creating an installer for a COM server.

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:57:25 +1100

> modified it manually COM objects raise an automation error ('the specified
> module cannot be found') if accessed from VB but work fine if
> accessed from
> python using win32com.client.Dispatch.
>
> Basically I could not make COM servers work from VB unless
> PythonCOM22.dll,
> python22.dll, and PyWinTypes22.dll exist in the winnt/system32 directory.

I think you will find that the loading of pythoncom22.dll does work - but
that it then loading the modules it needs fails.  When hosted by something
like VB, Python still depends on Windows to load all dependent DLLs - so
this generally means these files must be on your path.

Mark.