[python-win32] Definitive COM book? was:"Casting" COM objects

Brian Almond BAlmond@russreid.com
Tue Apr 8 17:50:29 EDT 2003

> "Mark Hammond" <mhammond@skippinet.com.au>
>Unfortunately, my time is thin and no one else has
>recently contributed in a meaningful way to the COM
>work - too many things to work on, and not enough
>incentive :)  I'd be more than happy to help anyone
>else with their efforts in cleaning some of this stuff
>up.  In particular, what makes sense in a vtable
>enabled future.

A little OT, but something your comments made
me think of:

What is the current, definitive book on COM?
(For the people who would like to some day
contribute to things like the above.  That is,
what is the best reference available for a
"COM tools" implementor.)

I seem to recall hearing positive things about
Don Box's "Essential COM" in the past, but I
don't know if it has been surpassed by other
books in the time since it was first published.

(If it matters - I'm currently not working with
.NET at all, but could be in the future.)

-Brian