[python-win32] py2exe and services

Larry Bates lbates at syscononline.com
Wed Apr 16 13:47:32 EDT 2003

Does anyone know of a way to install py2exe services and have
them start automatically (e.g. like the --start auto install
option you can use on regular Python services).  I want my
services to restart if the server gets rebooted and would prefer
not to be forced to manually modify the service through services
manager control panel applet).  Seems that py2exe doesn't have
many of the options found on command line for regular Python
services.  I also seem to be forced into using NET START/STOP to
start py2exe services because the .EXE can't seem to start
itself.  If I execute it stand alone I get:

syncusersservice.exe
syncusersservice.exe - Python Service Manager
 -install - Install this service.
 -remove - Remove this service.
 -debug [parms] - debug the service.

Starting service - this may take several seconds - please wait...
Could not start the service - error 997

I'm hoping someone out there has already encountered/solved this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Larry Bates