[python-win32] Re: Python install in CMD

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Apr 25 16:46:35 EDT 2003

"Sison, Nick" <nsis5 at allstate.com> writes:

> Best regards to all!
>
> I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a /switch I can add to
> the Python executable at the Command Prompt to do a "silent" install using
> the default settings without any prompting?

I've posted this before, but here we go again: the command line options
for Wise created installers. It seems /S is what you need.

Thomas

Option	Function

/T      	Install in Test mode.
/X pathname	Extracts files to pathname.
/Z pathname	Extracts files to pathname, then reboots.

/M Runs installation in manual mode, prompting for system directories
such as Windows, System, etc.

/M=filename Specifies a value file for installation. See Set Variable
for more information on reading variables.

/M1 Displays the name of each self-registering .OCX or .DLL as it is
registered.

/M2 Reserved for internal use by the Wise Installation System during
debugging sessions.

/M5=dir_name During installation, temporary files are written to the
hard drive. On some locked-down machines with restricted privileges,
these temporary files might fail to write, resulting in a failed
installation. Use this command line option to specify a directory name
for a directory to which the user has write privileges.

/S	Silent mode, automatic mode with no user choices.

© 2001 Wise Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This documentation and
the accompanying software are copyrighted materials. Making unauthorized
copies is prohibited by law.