[python-win32] ASP import strangeness

Brian Brown brian@assess.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:03:31 -0700

Greetings all,

   I ran across something I thought was a bit strange...

I have a directory called modules which is pointed to by a pth file in the
site-packages directory. In modules I have a directory called NutraNet which
contains an __init__.py and another python file. It also contains a directory
called Templates which also contains and __init__.py and some other python files.

>From command line python the following works:

   from NutraNet.Templates import <module name>

But from ASP it complains that it can't fine the module 'Templates'. I've looked
at sys.modules from both enviroments and the ASP environment doesn't seem to
pick up the nested module.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Brian