[python-win32] Last 6 lines on screen are not visible, when PythonWin is not Maximized

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Jul 17 10:04:47 EDT 2003

At 11:13 PM 7/16/2003 -0700, Tony Cappellini wrote:

>I'm using Win32all Build 152, on Windows 2000, and Win 98 SE.
>If I don't Maximize the window, then the Last several lines will not be
>visible, (I have to type without seeing what I'm typing)
>
>This occurs on 3 different computers that I use. 2 Have Windows 2000 SP3,
>the other runs Win 98 SE.
>See these images for an example.
>
>http://www.tcapp.com/pub/incoming/Win32IDE_1.jpg
>http://www.tcapp.com/pub/incoming/Win32IDE_2.jpg
>
>Maximizing the window does fix the problem, but it's much more practical
>to have several windows visible at once.
>
>I'm running  1024 * 768, small fonts on one Win2k machine, and a much
>higher resolution (also small fonts) on the Win 98 machine.
>All of the machines use completely different graphics cards/drives (one is
>a Laptop with an LCD)

I have tried to reproduce your graphics in PythonWin and have failed!. It
looks like the visible window is the Interactive Window, yet "[Interactive
Window]" does not appear in any title bar, nor do the
minimize/restore/maximize/close buttons for the active window. How did you
start PythonWin?

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625