[python-win32] win32all 152 + COM server + py2exe == trouble

Cory Dodt corydodt@yahoo.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:42:45 -0800 (PST)

Point well taken about win32traceutil.  I assumed it didn't work at all in
py2exe because I had some trouble using it that way, but importing it
explicitly worked, and gave me the following tb:

$ python c:/python22/lib/site-packages/win32/lib/win32traceutil.py
Collecting Python Trace Output...
Unregistered: Lexicon.Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 273, in ?
  File "<string>", line 262, in run
  File "<string>", line 253, in registerServer
  File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 468, in UseCommandLine
  File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 405, in RegisterClasses
  File "win32com\server\register.pyc", line 188, in RegisterServer
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'frozen'

The no-longer-working recipe I'm using is here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/543305

It checks for sys.importers, and then sets pythoncom.frozen.  BTW, I can't
find any decent documentation on that attribute.

> My bet is that the problem is to do with registration.  I recently
changed
> stuff to work better with McMillan's Installer.
>
> Specifically, there are some additional tricks played by registration if
> pythoncom.frozen is true.  I bet you will find an exception when
registering
> your server.  You may find using win32traceutil will allow you to see
the
> exception.  I hope to play with py2exe soon - I only went with
McMillan's 'cos