[python-win32] f(win32all, COM server, py2exe) continued

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:35:31 +1100

> Now the problem is when I run the sucker, my process (App.exe) hangs,
> hangs, hangs, hangs, dies.  This happens as soon as I do a Dispatch from
> python, or for example a CreateObject in VBA.  And it blocks.  Fun!

This will be the thread-state happiness that needs to be done.  win32com
will attempt to acquire the thread lock immediately an object is created,
andif this lock is already held, we deadlock.

There are 2 options, none of which are great:
* Wait for some threadstate patches to py2exe.  I actually know someone who
has managed to get this working, and I am hoping to get patches from him
soon.

* Wait for Python 2.3, where the thread-state should be much easier to
manage and fix.

I guess a third option would be the first option done by someone else <wink>

Mark.