[python-win32] How to handle arguments of "Pointer SafeArray Real 8 (Flags=3)"

Jingzhao Ou ouj@usc.edu
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:46:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I tried to use MATLAB from python through the MATLAB COM server. I use
the following code to invoke the COM server:

App = win32com.client.dynamic.Dispatch('Matlab.Application')

Then, after that, I can execute MATLAB commands using

App.Execute(command)

However, I encountered problem when I tried to import/export data from/to
MATLAB using the GetFullMatrix and PutFullMatrix functions. I check the input
to these two functions. They require arguments of "Pointer SafeArray Real 8
(Flags=3)" type. I tried to use list or tuple data type in python to handle
them  but failed.

Can anyone help me out by telling how I can solve this problem in python?
Should I write some C code to solve it?

BTW, VB can handle this data type.

Thanks!

Best regards,