[python-win32] Arrays in Python Com servers

Craig Taverner craig.taverner at comopt.com
Fri May 2 23:44:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've recently started trying out python on windows for writing COM
servers to be used in VB and C# user interfaces. I have one specific
question:

How do I return an array of integers or an array of floats to the VB COM
client?

The only documentation I really been able to find on COM servers in
python has been Mark Hammonds last conference presentation, and
associated samples. This covers COM clients in python more than it does
COM servers. If anyone knows of some good (preferably on-line)
documentation on writing COM servers, I'd love a pointer.

Also, I'm interested in information on how to trigger events from
Python. Again I've seen examples and discussions on how to handle
events, but not on firing them.

Thanks, Craig

P.S. What I'm really working with is the ESRI ArcObjects library, so if
anyone has experience with that, I'd be extremely pleased ;-)