[python-win32] Conflicts with Python

ET Planet email2et at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 04:17:57 EDT 2003

I wrote a GUI using Tkinter and was trying to open simple applications like the Notepad program or Net Send in it.  However, whenever I run it, the screen blacks out.  Upon installing it on another PC, it works. Hence, I wonder if there was any conflicting file that I may have unknowingly on the troubled PC.

Dudley McFadden <mcfadden at ford-consulting.com> wrote:
On occasion I have similar behavior when using DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange). Either pythonwin or another application blocks until the other completes some operation. Perhaps you are simultaneously running some other program that is doing its DDE operations "impolitely." I have not taken the time to identify the root cause of my problem, but it only comes up when I am dealing with DDE. ET Planet, please post details of what exactly you are doing when you say, "did an external .exe call." Okay?

--dudley