[python-win32] Conflicts with Python

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 09:08:24 EDT 2003

Works on one PC but not another, and it's the same code?

But the first thing I would do is examine the differences between the two systems: same Python, same Tk version, same OS version of Windows?

On the computer that blacks out, any special background software like virus scanner or system security? (You might not even know what's running, if it's corporate software that hides itself from the Task Manager).

What if your example code was one of the example Tk or app-running examples from the documentation? Did they work OK?

Obviously I'm doing some guessing here... I can't see what might cause this, but my first suspicion based on your description is system-specific.

Lastly, it might help to trim your application to the fewest number of lines to reproduce the problem. That may uncover detail, and give us something to test with.

Hope this helps,

-Scott