[python-win32] Building Python in Singlethread mode !

Seb sxa at fluent.com
Mon Oct 13 09:20:59 EDT 2003

Greetings !

We are currently experiencing problems with the way our C++ application is
interacting with the Python modules we made. (Interfacing is done through

We discovered that each calls from our C++ app to any functions implemented
in a Python modules needs to be encapsulated by Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS and

This solves the crashing problems we had so far but causes new crashing
problems in other parts of the code.
We thought that we should try a Python version build in single thread mode.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !