[python-win32] system tray messages

james brooksbank james at digconn.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 04:52:53 EDT 2003

I'm trying to deveolp a program which runs in the system tray, every
minute the program searches for a file in a directory, if there is more
than one file in there then .i need a message to pop up in the system
tray which tells the user that there is mail. I can't figure out how to
get the message to be displayed. I'm using wxPython and the code to call
my system tray icon is

self.tbicon = wxTaskBarIcon()

the following if statement is run as part of a biggere module called
update which is the module which should display the message.

ls = os.listdir(path) #path is my filepath
if len(ls) > 1:
	#the message code should go here

Please can you help

James Brooksbank