[python-win32] Service not seen in Services list on XP?

Larry Bates lbates at syscononline.com
Wed Dec 1 15:15:17 CET 2004

To get my services to show up I do following:

python servicescript.py install

After that I can start by:

python servicescript.py start

or by using Windows servicemanager.

I've done several services and they have all worked
properly when installed/run using this method.  I
have also used py2exe to create .exe for services
but the method for installing, starting/stopping is
a little different for them and the eventlog handling
is a little "tricky".

Larry Bates

Message: 1