[python-win32] WMI scripting makepy error with ActivePython 2.4.0

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Dec 6 23:02:06 CET 2004

Python 2.4 seems to have bloated the bytecode, and some typelibs are causing
Python to generate too many byte-codes and crash.  Excel has the same
problem.

The solution seems to be to use "for demand" makepy - ie, run "makepy -d
...".  This will create a directory with a file per interface, rather than
lumping them into one large .py file.  The gencache functions have a
bForDemand param which does the same thing.  I think I will need to flick
the switch and make it the default for Python 2.4

Mark.