[python-win32] Problem running python cgi script

Jeff Lowery jlowery at m2is.com
Wed Dec 8 20:00:09 CET 2004

I'm trying to get  MoinMoin Wiki server installed on IIS 6.0, but am hung up
on getting the moin.cgi script to execute.  Yes, I have read and followed
the directions in the INSTALL.html document, including:

1) appended the site-packages directory to sys.path
2) added virtual directory 'wiki', pointing to htdocs directory
3) added virtual directory 'mywiki', pointing to wiki instance directory
4) configured the virtual directory in IIS above to run
"c:\python23\python.exe" -u %s %s on .cgi extensions
5) set Web Service Extensions to allow unknown cgi extensions

Added some logging statements to a log file at the top of moin.cgi, just to
see if it was executing at all (runs fine from the command line, btw).
Apparently not: getting a "CGI Error: The specified CGI application
misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers", and no log is
generated. Funny thing is that if I remove the "-u %s %s" from the cgi
extension setup (4), I get a timeout error instead. Looks like IIS knows
about the CGI mapping, but is not running the python interpreter.

Any ideas?