[python-win32] Re: A Python Service that monitors the clipboard?

Andrey Ivanov andre1 at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 12 21:30:49 CET 2004

> I have tried several times after puzzling about the code in "Python
> Programming on Win32," but I have not been able to figure out a simple
> python service that monitors the clipboard.  (My ultimate goal is to
> have a service that is something like ArsClip.  I am trying to do this
> to learn more about Win32).
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> VanL

A   clipboard   is   shared   among   process  assigned  to  the  same
WindowStation.  By  default  all services run in another WindowStation
with  it's  own  clipboard.  Your service will be assigned to the same
WindowStation as interactive processes (usually WinSta0) *only* if you
explicitly state that it is interactive when creating it.

You  can find all the details you need, either in MSDN or in excellent
book   series   "Inside  Microsoft  Windows"  by  D.  Solomon  and  M.
Russinovich.

Or I  can  try to make an example of Python service, accessing/monitoring
cliboard, if you need it. :)