[python-win32] Re: Python-win32 Digest, Vol 10, Issue 25

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 02:12:25 EST 2004

>From: Tony Cappellini [mailto:tony at tcapp.com]
>> From: Tim Golden <tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk>
>>
>> >From: Tony Cappellini [mailto:tony at tcapp.com]
>> >
>> >I'm looking for a way to access the Screensaver Tab, under
>> >DEsktop-Properties, via Python
>> >
>> >There are no useable references to screensaver in this mailing
>> >list, and
>> >refernces to Desktop were not what I'm looking for.
>> >

>> Tony. Do you really mean that you want to get programmatic
>> control of that tab in that window? Or do you mean that you
>> want access to the properties of the screensaver?
>
>I want to access the properties of the screensaver tab- that
>is, I want to
>be able to swicth screensavers from a python program, disable
>it, change
>the time before it becomes active, etc.
>I'll take a look at Simon's site to see if there is something
>i Can use.
>
>thanks

This recipe does something similar:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/106624

Some things (get/set timeout) you do via SystemParametersInfo:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/systemparametersinfo.as

which you could access via ctypes. (There are a couple of examples
around python-win32 and c.l.py).

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk