[python-win32] Python and screen magnifier.

Jacques Bosch jacques.bosch at gmx.net
Thu Mar 18 02:34:45 EST 2004

Hi there. I'm new to this list. Hope somebody might be able to help me.

I use a screen magnifier called Zoomtext (ZT), as I can't see very well. :)
I have recently started using python, but find that the cursor / caret is not tracked by ZT in any of the python editors or python shells that I have tried.
It is very frustrating.
I have tried ZT's "Caret Detect" too, and it asks me if I want to keep the new caret definition. I say yes, but it still does not work.

I have tried several python editors, including Active Python and WX Python. Seems like the problem is with the cursor / caret in any app written in python.
Almost as if a python text cursor is not like a standard windows cursor.

How can I overcome / work around this problem?
Is there anybody on this list that uses Zoomtext with Python?

Thanx for any help.

Jacques

                       *

                        Jacques Bosch