[python-win32] Py_RunSimpleString() - read the buffer from file.

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Thu May 6 06:23:16 EDT 2004

From: Tikva Bonneh
> I am running my python script from a VC++ application.
> I tried to read the script from my .py file to a into
> buffer and execute the buffer with Py_RunSimpleString.
> It didn't work. This is the way I did it:

[...]
  // allocate memory to contain the whole file.
 buffer = (char*) malloc (lSize);
  if (buffer == NULL) exit (2);

  // copy the file into the buffer.
 fread (buffer,1,lSize,pFile);
[...]

Looking at this, it doesn't look like you null-terminated
the string. Could that be all your problem is? (Don't forget
to add 1 to the length of the buffer you malloc as well!)

Paul

liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.