[python-win32] wmi.py + pythonservice.exe

ccollier at viawest.net ccollier at viawest.net
Thu May 6 20:20:04 EDT 2004

background:

using - win2k, python2.3.3, pywin32 201.1, wmi 0.5 (from Tim Golden)

Typically, I use python in a *nix envoronment, but in this case I'm of
course working on a windows machine and slightly out of my element.  I've
successfully implemented some pieces of code using Tim Golden's wmi module
and they work well.  I've also implemented some very basic service code
and successfully registered pythonservice.exe, installed the service, and
stopped and started it. (all using win32 items and examples)

When I take working service code, add an "import wmi" statement, and
update the service, I then suddenly get failures when trying to start the
service.  The event log holds almost no information.  I simply get this:

A system error has occured.
System error 1067 has occured.
The process terminated unexpectedly.

Interestingly, when I use pythonservice.exe to run the service in debug
mode it runs well.

question:
Has anyone else successfully used the wmi.py and pythonservice.exe
combination, or have any leads I might research?

Thanks!

cody