[python-win32] Error in FindPerformanceAttributesByName

Cedric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Mon May 10 04:36:18 EDT 2004

Le sam 08/05/2004 à 04:02, Mark Hammond a écrit :
> > To resolve this, I downloaded pdh.dll available here
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q28499
> > 6 and put
> > it into C:\python22.
>
> That KB article references Windows NT4 - is that what you are running?  The
> installer probably should try and ensure the latest is installed - I opened
> a bug at sourceforge to remind myself.

Yes, Windows NT 4.00.1381, French version.

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in ?
> >     win32pdhutil.ShowAllProcesses()
> >   File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32\lib\win32pdhutil.py", line
> > 94, in ShowAllProcesses
> >     items, instances = win32pdh.EnumObjectItems(None,None,object,
> > win32pdh.PERF_DETAIL_WIZARD)
> > error: (-1073738824, 'EnumObjectItems for buffer size', 'No error
> > message is available')
>
> That error translates to PDH_CSTATUS_NO_OBJECT, which MS document as:
> "The specified machine was found, but no matching performance object was
> found on that machine. If this status is returned when the counter is being
> added, the specified counter is not included in the query. If this status is
> returned by an active counter, the data for that counter is invalid. Each
> time the data is requested, PDH tries to obtain this counter data."
>
> That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in this case - but I've no
> further ideas I'm afraid (and it does work for me!)

I installed python 2.3.3 and pywin32-201, and now it works fine (and no
need to add any pdh.dll). Looks like it's time for my customer to
upgrade :)

Thanks a lot for your help,

--
Cédric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 Metz - FRANCE