[python-win32] makepy creates gen_py/123-ID.py but no gen_py/123-ID - Folder

The Count the.count at count0.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 10 10:07:10 CET 2004

I'm currently having some trouble with the application I'm controlling via
COM,
it's update seems to break it's COM-ability.

It has released a new type library version.
After I ran makepy over it I noticed this didn't create a folder with the
library's ID [the 123XYZ-ABC456-x0x0x0 thingy].
After moving the whole (old) stuff to a safe location (and downgrading the
software) I reran makepy on the (old) library,
it didn't create that folder either.

The files contained therein where priceless to me since the official
documentation didn't mention certain quirks ...
but those sources empowered me to keep going.

What am I missing? I do (sort of) remember they weren't there from the
start but I have no clue as to how I created them,
they're source claims them to be created by makepy ...

If I could compare the files for both versions of the library I might find
a work-around or at least pin-point the bug.

--
---
The Count