[python-win32] Any plans to implement .rowcount in the odbc module?

R. Alan Monroe amonroe at columbus.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 19:11:40 CEST 2004

Any plans to implement .rowcount in the odbc module?

I saw it described in the docs at:
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0249.html

> Cursor Objects should respond to the following methods and
>     attributes:
>         .rowcount
>             This read-only attribute specifies the number of rows that
>             the last executeXXX() produced (for DQL statements like
>             'select') or affected (for DML statements like 'update' or
>             'insert').

I'm eyeballing the source at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pywin32/pywin32/win32/src/odbc.cpp?rev=1.13&view=markup
and I MIGHT be able to hack together something with some hints on
which functions I need to edit, but I've never tried
building pywin32 from source, so I don't know which compiler is
required, etc.

Alan