[python-win32] Internet Explorer COM issues with XP SP2?

Bryan Kamrath bryan_kamrath at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 15:24:24 CEST 2004

     I am using the PAMIE
(http://pamie.sourceforge.net) module for doing some
automated web testing.  This module works with the
Internet Explorer COM object to drive Internet
Explorer by automating navigates, button clicks, the
filling out of forms, etc.  However, since I upgraded
to XP SP2 I have not gotten this module to work very
well.  It seems that every time I try and fire an
event fown to the COM object (like an "onchange")
event I get the 'Access Denied' COM error.

Here is what I have tried to remedy the situation:
- Set all Internet Explorer and Firewall security
options to their lowest levels.
- Investigated the DCOM settings for the Internet
Explorer application using dcomcnfg.exe and tried a
myriad of combinations (like setting permissions for
IE so that it runs as an administrator user) but to to
now avail.
-Double checked the code in module to determine
whether it was dispatching IE appropriately.  It does
so like this:

DispatchEx('InternetExplorer.Application')

Any other ideas?  I am at my wits end as this was
working perfectly uner XP SP1.  Are there DCOM
settings I haven't configured properly?

Thanks,
b.