[python-win32] Slow COM since Office XP migration

BETIS Alexandre A.BETIS at csee-transport.fr
Wed Oct 20 10:27:23 CEST 2004

Hello to all,

I am sure there must be some hints about this somewhere, but I can't seem to find a frank and clear answer to this problem. I hope I will find it here.

I have used the python win32com package succesfully for automating boring Word doc generation. This worked at the speed of light using Word 97. Lately, though, my company upgraded to Office XP.

Since then, my python scripts have continued to work fine, but the response time has increased dramatically. This is kind of problematic for me. Quick response time is pivotal to an efficient doc generation.

Can anyone suggest an option for me? I have tried using static COM. The problem remains. This really looks like something out of python.

Note: I have an 'OfficeScan' installed on my machine. I suspect this can also be the problem, but I need to be sure, since this piece of software is not something I can uninstall on my own initiative.

Thanks,

-- Alex

PS: This COM package for python should be placed on the vatican list for sainthood.

" Ce message et ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et exclusivement réservés à leurs destinataires qui s'assureront de l'absence de virus. CSEE Transport n'assume aucune responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il est altéré, déformé, falsifié, indûment utilisé par des tiers ou encore s'il a causé des dommages ou pertes de toute nature.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and exclusively intended for its addressees who will conduct appropriate virus checks. CSEE Transport shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed, falsified, unduly used by third parties nor for any damage or loss."