[python-win32] Hidden CLI

Lewis Franklin lewis.franklin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 04:33:55 CEST 2004

My question is probably simple to those who have been programming in
Windows for some time, but I am having a difficult time with a
'simple' problem.

I have written a program that consists simply of three buttons (using
wxPython). Clicking one of those buttons triggers an event where curl
is executed and the information returned is stored into a file. The
command is simply:

curl http://www.example.org?a=user^&b=pass -o setup.bat

I can run this command without any problem. However, the 'problem'
that arises is that while curl is being run a Command Prompt appears.
Since this app is for techno-phobes and can only imagine how much
several windows opening and closing on their own would freak them out,
I am trying to keep the user from seeing this window. I was wondering
if there was a way to run the command without having it open a Command
Prompt.

I hope that I have been clear enough in stating my question and
situation. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Being new to Python on Windows I need help with what may seem a small
task to others.

Lewis