[python-win32] extended MAPI error: outbox folder?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Sep 14 00:40:26 CEST 2004

>     # get the outbox
>     hr, props = msgstore.GetProps((mapitags.PR_IPM_OUTBOX_ENTRYID), 0)
>     (tag, eid) = props[0]
>     outboxfolder = msgstore.OpenEntry(eid,None,mapi.MAPI_BEST_ACCESS)

I believe you will find PROP_TYPE(tag) == PT_ERROR, indicating there was an
error fetching this specific property.  The tag value will be the specific
error code, which is a standard MAPI error.  This may give you a clue.

This is exactly why the tag is always returned with properties - even though
you think you know the tag, what it returns may be different.  For example,
a common error for very large properties is MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY,
indicating that you need to fetch the value some other way.  I doubt this is
the error code for the EID though!

Mark.