[python-win32] Re: Compile in windows using Microsoft Visual C v.6

Mark English Mark.English at liffe.com
Fri Sep 24 15:57:27 CEST 2004

> From: John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Thomas Heller wrote:
>
> > Andy Shah <andy at msistone.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hello Everybody,
> > >
> > >   I would like to know if where, if any, there is documentation
> > > relating to compiling python from source using Microsoft Visual
> > > C/C++ v. 6
> >
> > The README file and the PCBuild/readme.txt in the source
> distribution.
>
> Just to add: but not in soon-to-be-released 2.4, which has
> dropped MSVC 6 support (it's still in CVS, but unmaintained).
>

> John
Does this mean it's moved to MSVC 7 (or even 7.1) ? Or is MSVC just not
going to be supported from now on ?

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely
for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure,
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message
do not necessarily reflect those of LIFFE Holdings Plc or any of its subsidiary companies.